A couple of weeks in the past a secretary telephoned me in absolute desperation. She was desperately trying to find lodging in central London for some VIPs from overseas. She stumbled onto my web site, not likely understanding what the service was about. I believe the phrases ‘free service’, ‘residences’ simply helped her to determine that High quality London Flats had one thing to do with lodging. Apologies for my lengthy opening, however it’s a prime instance of how little travellers within the UK and Europe know in regards to the serviced condo trade. After explaining the idea of serviced residences and serving to her discover an condo, I realised that I wanted to share this data additional afield. Thus, this text is my contribution to open up this elusive trade and provide tricks to travellers.
What’s a serviced condo?
A serviced condo is a flat in a block, which has a separate bed room, sitting room/lounge, totally outfitted kitchen, your individual non-public keys to personal door. Serviced residences will be within the type of a studio flat (multi function room with a kitchenette), one, two or three bedrooms.
All residences take pleasure in maid service, utilities and a administration workforce to assist….similar to a resort. Visitors solely pay for a nightly charge and may dwell in a flat with every part they’d have in their very own dwelling.
Professionals: Serviced London House vs Resorts
Extra worth for cash and cheaper. In a resort, regardless of which star ranking, you pay per night time for one room which may have a TV, rest room, couch and a mattress. That is much like a studio condo! In an condo there’s a separate bed room, kitchen, sitting room, rest room and eating desk (exception is studio)
Pay per condo and never per particular person. An instance can be paying £250 per night time for a two bed room condo, which may accommodate as much as four folks, that works out at £62.50 per particular person.
Freedom and privateness. An condo is like being in your individual dwelling and there may be loads of area. You’ve gotten your individual keys to your individual door.
Reserving is straightforward, similar to accommodations. Nearly all of residences require a bank card to ensure, pre-payment earlier than you arrive and that is it. No deposits, no tenants’ contracts.
Cons: Serviced London House vs Resorts
Flats lacks the thrill and companies of a resort comparable to eating places and Room Service. Albeit some residences are owned by accommodations and give you using their eating places and different companies.
No 24-hour service across the clock. The residences are ran by a small workforce who work Monday to Friday 9:00am – 6:00pm, so you might be by yourself in the course of the weekend. There are emergency numbers to name must you endure an electrical minimize, however no 24-hours resort Responsibility Supervisor to run to your room.
No pool, massages, saunas like accommodations
What to look out for when reserving a serviced London condo?
1. High quality of the condo – be sure you discover out if they’re clear, properly furnished and properly maintained. How? Verify the images, and ask should you can e-book an appointment to view the condo. This is essential in case you are staying over a protracted time period.
2. Have they got a pleasant and environment friendly administration workforce? When you want the consolation of a welcoming face to greet you on arrival, then ask for an condo with a reception. Some residences present key containers, so you may arrive any time, however there may be no-one to fulfill you. A pleasant and small workforce will be capable of provide you with a really private contact.
three. Opening time of the residences workplace – does not sound essential? Properly it’s as a result of nearly all of residences’ operations workforce open Monday to Friday 9:00am to six:00pm. When you arrive at your condo throughout workplace open hours, then superb, however some other time and weekends will imply that you will want to select up the keys from a special location.
four. Key supply by automobile on the airport? – In case you are flying from overseas to London, and don’t fancy traipsing all through London at night time to select up keys, nearly all of residences will rent a taxi to ship your keys to the airport upon your arrival. Handy for a small cost.
5. Cost process and cancellation coverage – each condo range of their visitor phrases and circumstances. All will settle for a bank card as a assure of reservation, some will ask for 100% pre-payment at the very least 7 days previous to arrival and cancellation can vary from 12:00pm on the day of arrival to 28 days. So, earlier than you affirm the reservation, be very clear in regards to the phrases and circumstances. Ask your condo brokers to elucidate the process to you and browse the phrases and circumstances in your affirmation emails. It would prevent a substantial amount of bother and headache later.
6. Flats are at all times allotted on arrival. This coverage is similar as any resort, so except you’re a common visitor to a particular condo, residences are on allocations. In the identical breath, some residences solely have a small variety of flats, so in case you are reserving the one three bedrooms penthouse of their assortment, then you might be assured that particular condo.
7. Charges change into extra aggressive the longer you keep. On this, we imply you will have extra bargaining energy in case you are staying for one month or longer. That is when your condo agent can actually enable you by negotiating with a wide range of residences to get you one of the best deal.
eight. Utilizing an condo agent may also prevent time looking out, however most significantly they are going to work together with your finances and negotiate an ideal deal for you. In fact, you additionally have to be life like about what you may e-book, do not count on to spend £80 per night time for a luxurious condo. For instance, considered one of our shoppers had £300 finances per night time for a two bed room condo and he needed one thing luxurious. For these readers who know London properly, additionally understands that this finances is definitely very small. Regardless of that, we booked him and three associates into the Victoria Park Plaza luxurious condo (£150 per night time lower than the standard value) for £300 per night time with free breakfast, fitness center and entry to the manager lounge. Any condo agent value their salt can and can transfer mountains that can assist you.
What if I do not just like the condo once I get there?
When you actually really feel that you’ve been exhausting completed by, inform the condo administration workforce and ask to be moved to a different condo. All the residences that we work with are very buyer focussed and attempt to assist company take pleasure in their keep. If this doesn’t work, speak to your condo agent, if that’s the way you booked. Finest recommendation although, is to ask all the suitable questions earlier than you e-book an condo.
Your urge for food for residences is now whetted – how do you discover London residences?
1. As already defined, you may select a free search and e-book service of an condo agent or go direct to a particular condo that you understand. Each strategies are completely superb, dependent of your information of London residences. Utilizing an agent will imply that they are going to search far throughout their portfolio and current you with a wide range of decisions…all inside 10-15 minutes. Brokers are neutral and can solely (good brokers anyway) suggest the standard residences on your wants.
2. You should use engines like google like Google, Yahoo and MSN to seek out residences. Kind in key phrases like ‘London serviced residences’ or ‘high quality London residences’ and so forth.
three. Stating the apparent however, ask for a advice from associates and acquaintances.
four. Verify on Tripadvisor.com and different buyer overview web sites.
When you’ve got learn this far, then thanks on your time. I’ve tried to make this text clear and as useful as doable, however I welcome your feedback and any additional info that you just really feel is essential.